14/69 Acacia Road
03 9753 5200
03 9753 5600
We operate from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday
Telephone number (required)
Email address (required)
Modification description: (For example; I have a 2014 Toyota Hiace that I would like to reduce
seating configuration so that it can be driven on a regular drivers license)
Make of vehicle
Model and year
Who is completing the modification, are they a professional familiar with Australian Design Rules,
Australian Standards, National Codes of Practice, or any other relevant regulations?
Photos: Please send photos of any compliance plates and modification plates. Additional photos
can also be useful including; modification work that has already been completed; areas of
Are you, or are you affiliated with, a professional vehicle modification company? YesNo
TCS is dedicated to providing ongoing support to professional vehicle modification companies whose core business is focuses on aftermarket modifications. We have built strong relationships with these modifiers and have confidence in the work they produce. For this reason we recommend private customers (customers who are not affiliated with professional modifiers and/or not formally trade qualified) seek assistance from these professionals and we can recommend the right company to perform almost any modification.
We can offer assistance to private customers, but the terms of engagement outlined below must be acknowledged and adhered to by the private customer prior to work commencing.
1. Any work that requires a skilled trade (welding, electrical work, gas-fitting/plumbing, mechanical work) must be conducted by a suitably qualified individual and evidence of each individual’s qualifications must be produced upon request. Failure to produce the necessary qualifications will prevent an approval certificate being issued.
2. All documentation provided to the customer by TCS must be thoroughly read and understood by the customer and TCS should be contacted immediately if anything is unclear.
3. The cost of the final inspection, approval certificate and modification plate is listed below. This cost does not include additional consultation (consultation and advice prior to the final inspection) or travel.
a. Additional consultation is billed at $300+GST per hour and can be applied to any period of time in which the private customer engages TCS’ services (phone calls, emails, preparation of advice, etc.). All additional consultation will be listed overleaf and provided to the customer with the invoice.
b. Travel can be billed at $1.10+GST per kilometre for the return trip.
4. If an initial inspection is conducted by TCS, the inspection must be paid for regardless of whether the vehicle passes inspection or not, as a professional from TCS has taken the time to inspect the vehicle.
5. TCS reserves the right to refuse to issue an approval certificate if the modified vehicle does not comply with the relevant Australian Design Rules, Australian Standards, National Codes of Practice or any other relevant regulations.
6. TCS will make every effort to assist private customers in a timely manner, but priority will be given to professional modifiers when necessary which may delay service to private customers.
Please tick ‘yes’ to confirm you have understood the above information
Please tick which areas of the vehicle have been or need to be modified:
EngineTransmissionTail ShaftsRear AxlesFront AxlesSteeringSuspensionBrakesChassisBodyCabinFuel SystemTow CouplingsCraneLifting System/Hooklift/Tailgate LoaderGVM/GCM/ATMTow Truck Equipment
Please leave this field empty.
Transport Certification Services is a registered agent with the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
Our transport engineers are able to offer authorised vehicle modification reports in every state in Australia.
Address: 14/69 Acacia Road, Ferntree Gully, Victoria, 3156 (Australia)
Phone: 03 9753 5200
Fax: 03 9753 5600
© 2023 Transport Certification Services. Website Design by Walker Digital